THE REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT IS FULL.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO VISIT OUR SCHOOL AND MEET OUR TEAM, PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM TO THE RIGHT.
Cultural Storytelling & Interactive
STEMWorkshop @ Rising School
"Connecting the Past to the Future"
Saturday, 28th April 2018
Children (aged 4 to 12) are invited, along with their parents to meet acclaimed children's author Dr. Ahmed Al Shoaibi *, for "a demonstration on the power of storytelling, enabling children to develop strong connections and lifelong relationships with reading and writing."
The 2 hour event will provide parents time to discuss the importance of nurturing their child's relationship with both reading and writing, while developing the essential STEM skills necessary for their future.
Where: Rising School, Nad al Sheba 4
When: 28th April 2018
Timing & Agenda:
- 11.30 am - Reception
- 12 noon - Meet the Author: Dr. Ahmed Al Shoaibi
- Book Reading: "The Camel And The Drone"
- Discussion & Questions and Answers
- 12.45 pm - Workshops
- Parents: Nurturing Children's Relationship With Reading & Writing
- Children (Aged 4-12): Interactive STEM workshop: "What Might City Transportation Look Like In TheFuture?" A hands-on simulation using self-driving bots, boats and drones.
Places at this free event are limited, so to book your place simply complete the form on this page. We look forward to welcoming you and spending an afternoon of fun at Rising School!
- 1:30 pm - Author: Dr. Ahmed Al Shoaibi
- Book Reading: "The Pearl Necklace"
- Questions/Answers & Book Signing
- 2.00 pm - Close
* Dr. Ahmed Al Shoaibi is currently Associate Professor of Chemical Engineering at Khalifa University. Al Shoaibi has authored more than 70 technical papers. The Tales of Hamad is Al Shoaibi’s first endeavor in creative writing. His follow up book series is entitled, The Tales of Ayesha. Al Shoaibi has visited numerous schools in the UAE giving book readings and signings, and hosting discussions about topics such as the importance of reading and understanding the Emirati identity.